Custom made software is also called special purpose, bespoke software, is computer programs written to meet the processing needs of an individual or an organization. They are produced in-house or commissioned from an outside software company. Examples are payroll, inventory, accounts, sales, production, marketing, etc.
Advantages and Disadvantages:
Custom made Software
- They precisely fit the organization's information needs.
- The organization has complete and control management over data structure.
- The system can be integrated with other applications within the organization.
- The system can be modified to fit changing needs.
- Development takes a long time.
- Delays the implementation of the system.
- Costly to develop and test.
- Greater probability of bugs.
- May be poorly documented.