Data communication and computer networks is a sub-section of the main section basic computer science. This sub-section will enable you to answer the following questions.
- The concept of connectivity.
- The basic component of a data communication system.
- The hardware used in a typical business data communication network.
- The data transmission techniques.
- The techniques, channels and devices used to transmit data between distant locations.
- the types of communication media and their properties.
- The different types of terminals that are valuable.
- The various types computer networking topologies.
- The network type that is creating the most interest, Local Area Network (LAN).
- The Wide Area Network (WAN).
- The role and impact of WAN on business (Electronic commerce, Electronic business).
- Characteristics and advantages of distributes data processing.